Hello there, foodies! Are you searching for a hearty dish that will impress your guests at your next dinner party? Look no further than this mouth-watering short ribs recipe! This recipe is perfect for those who love all things savory and delicious. The combination of tender meat, juicy sauce, and fragrant herbs and spices will make your taste buds dance with excitement.
This recipe is an excellent choice for a chilly evening or any time you want a hearty and flavorful meal. Whether you want to impress your guests or just treat yourself to a delicious dinner, this dish will not disappoint. So, what are you waiting for? Grab your apron and let’s get cooking!
Delicious Short Ribs Recipe
If you are a meat lover and want to try something new and delectable, then you must try this delicious short ribs recipe. It is an easy-to-make recipe that is perfect for family dinners or when you have guests over. What’s more, it is loaded with flavors and has a melt-in-the-mouth texture that will leave you craving for more.
To make this scrumptious short ribs recipe, you will need the following ingredients:
- 2 pounds beef short ribs
- 1/4 cup soy sauce
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup ketchup
- 1/4 cup beef broth
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon ginger, grated
- 1 teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons water
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. In a large bowl, mix together soy sauce, brown sugar, honey, apple cider vinegar, ketchup, beef broth, minced garlic, ginger, black pepper, and salt.
3. Add the beef short ribs to the bowl and coat them with the marinade. Cover the bowl with plastic wrap and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours.
4. Take out the short ribs from the marinade and shake off any excess marinade.
5. In a large skillet, heat vegetable oil over medium-high heat. Add the short ribs and cook for about 2-3 minutes per side, until browned. Remove the short ribs from the skillet and set aside.
6. Pour the remaining marinade into the skillet and bring it to a boil. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5-7 minutes until it thickens.
7. Put the short ribs in a baking dish and pour the marinade over the top of the short ribs.
8. Cover the baking dish with aluminum foil and bake in the preheated oven for about 2 hours or until the meat is tender and falls off the bone.
9. Take the baking dish out of the oven and uncover it.
10. In a small bowl, whisk together cornstarch and water. Pour the mixture into the skillet with the marinade and stir until the sauce thickens.
11. Pour the sauce over the short ribs and serve hot.
Now that you have followed these easy steps, your delicious short ribs recipe is ready to be enjoyed with your loved ones.
Tips for Making Perfect Short Ribs
Short ribs are a classic comfort food that everyone loves. Whether you’re cooking for yourself, your family, or friends, you want to make sure that your short ribs come out perfectly every time. Here are some tips for choosing the right meat, preparing the meat, and cooking the short ribs to perfection.
Choosing the Right Meat
When it comes to cooking short ribs, choosing the right meat is crucial. You want to select meat that has enough fat to keep it moist and tender after cooking. Look for short ribs that have some marbling throughout the meat. Additionally, you want to ensure that the meat is fresh and looks bright. Inspect the color and texture of the meat before purchasing it. Avoid meat that has a grayish color or is slimy to the touch, as it may be spoiled.
Prepping the meat correctly is one of the most crucial steps in making perfect short ribs. Here are some tips for preparing the meat:
- Remove excess fat: Trimming excess fat from the meat before cooking helps to ensure that the meat cooks evenly and prevents any burning.
- Season the meat: Season the meat with salt and pepper before cooking. You can also add other herbs and spices to taste.
- Brown the meat: Before cooking, brown the meat on all sides in a hot skillet or on the grill to add flavor and texture to the meat.
There are a few different ways to cook short ribs, each with its own unique qualities. Here are some popular cooking methods:
- Slow Cooking: Slow cooking involves cooking the meat at a low temperature for a long time. This method helps to break down the connective tissue in the meat and results in tender, juicy meat. You can use a slow cooker or a Dutch oven to slow cook the short ribs.
- Braising: Braising is a method in which the meat is first browned and then simmered in a liquid, such as broth or red wine. This method helps to tenderize the meat and create a flavorful sauce.
- Grilling: Grilling short ribs is a great way to add a smoky flavor to the meat. You can marinade the meat beforehand or simply season with salt and pepper before grilling.
With these tips and techniques, you can create perfect short ribs that are full of flavor and tender. Whether you’re cooking for a weeknight meal or a special occasion, short ribs are always a delicious choice.
Short Ribs Serving Suggestions
Short ribs are a delicious and popular choice of meat, with a rich and tender texture that makes them perfect for a hearty meal. Whether you’re cooking for a special occasion or just looking for an indulgent dinner, short ribs are sure to satisfy.
When it comes to pairing sides with short ribs, there are many options to choose from that will complement the flavors of the meat. Here are some recommendations:
- Mashed Potatoes: Creamy, buttery mashed potatoes are a classic side for short ribs. They help balance out the richness of the meat and make for a comforting and satisfying meal.
- Roasted Vegetables: Roasted root vegetables like carrots, parsnips, and turnips add a hearty and savory element to your meal. Plus, the caramelized flavors pair well with the bold flavor of the short ribs.
- Creamed Spinach: For something a little bit lighter, creamed spinach is a great option. Its creaminess complements the richness of the meat, while the spinach adds a fresh and bright contrast to the dish.
Choosing the right beverage to pair with short ribs depends on personal preference, but there are a few options that work particularly well.
- Red Wine: Short ribs are a fatty and flavorful cut of meat, making them well-suited for bold and rich red wines like Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot, and Syrah.
- Beer: For a more casual meal, beer is a great choice to complement the deep and savory flavors of the short ribs. A malty brown ale or stout would work well.
- Cider: If you’re looking for a non-alcoholic option, cider is a great choice. Its crisp and fruity flavors are a refreshing contrast to the richness of the meat.
As with any dish, presentation is key when it comes to serving short ribs. Here are some tips for making your meal look as good as it tastes:
- Plate Your Meat: Don’t just dump everything onto a plate! Take the time to arrange the short ribs and sides in an attractive and visually appealing way.
- Add Fresh Herbs: A sprinkle of fresh chopped herbs like parsley or chives can add a pop of color and freshness to your plate.
- Dress Up Your Sides: Just because they’re “sides” doesn’t mean they can’t steal the show. Drizzle a balsamic glaze over your roasted veggies, or sprinkle some high-quality salt over your mashed potatoes.
By following these simple tips, you can create a meal that looks and tastes incredible. Whether you’re cooking for friends, family, or just yourself, short ribs are sure to impress.
Thanks for Reading and Come Back Soon!
We hope this mouth-watering short ribs recipe will be a hit at your next dinner party. Remember to take your time and enjoy the process of cooking. With the right ingredients and techniques, you can create a delicious meal that your guests will love.
Thank you for taking the time to read our recipe. We hope you find it useful and informative. If you try this recipe, let us know how it turns out and feel free to share your feedback in the comments section. Don’t forget to check back often for more tasty recipes and cooking tips. Happy cooking!
1. Can I use a slow cooker instead of the oven?
Yes, you can. Follow the same instructions for the marinade and searing the ribs, then place them in a slow cooker with the beef broth. Cook on low for 8-10 hours.
2. What can I serve with short ribs?
Short ribs go well with mashed potatoes, roasted vegetables, or a simple green salad.
3. Do I have to use red wine for the marinade?
No, you can substitute with beef broth or balsamic vinegar if you prefer.
4. Can I freeze leftover short ribs?
Yes, you can. Allow the ribs to cool completely and store them in an airtight container for up to 3 months.
5. Can I use boneless short ribs instead?
Yes, you can. Adjust the cooking time accordingly as boneless ribs cook faster than bone-in.
6. What type of red wine should I use?
Use a dry red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Merlot.
7. Can I use a different cut of beef?
Yes, you can. However, keep in mind that the cooking time and temperature may vary.
8. Can I make this recipe in advance?
Yes, you can. Prepare the ribs and marinade up to a day in advance, then follow the instructions for cooking the day of your dinner party.
9. How many people does this recipe serve?
This recipe serves 4-6 people.
10. Do I have to use fresh herbs?
No, you can use dried herbs if that’s what you have on hand. However, fresh herbs will provide a more vibrant flavor to the dish.