Hello there! Can you feel the chill in the air? Fall is officially here, and that means it’s time to break out all things pumpkin. From pumpkin spice lattes to pumpkin carve-outs, it’s impossible to escape this versatile ingredient this time of year. But personally, one of my favorite ways to indulge in all things pumpkin is through a slice of warm and delicious pumpkin bread.
There’s something so comforting about a slice of freshly baked pumpkin bread, especially when it’s still warm from the oven. This classic fall treat is not only delicious but also incredibly easy to make, making it the perfect addition to your autumn baking arsenal. So whether you’re a seasoned baker or just looking to try your hand at something new, I’m excited to share with you my favorite pumpkin bread recipe that will have you falling in love with its flavors.
Pumpkin Bread Recipe
Are you looking for a delicious fall recipe that is easy to make at home? Look no further than this pumpkin bread recipe! With warm spices, creamy pumpkin, and just the right amount of sweetness, this bread is the perfect treat for any autumn day. Follow these simple instructions to create your own mouthwatering pumpkin bread in no time.
To make this pumpkin bread, you will need the following ingredients:
- 1 and 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1 and 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 and 1/2 cups pumpkin puree
- 2 large eggs
- 1/4 cup water
Follow these simple steps to make your pumpkin bread:
- Preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Grease a 9-inch by 5-inch loaf pan with cooking spray.
- In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and cloves.
- In a separate large bowl, mix together the oil, sugar, pumpkin puree, eggs, and water until thoroughly combined.
- Gradually add the flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture, stirring until just combined.
- Pour the batter into the greased loaf pan.
- Bake for 60-70 minutes or until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Allow the pumpkin bread to cool in the pan for 15 minutes before removing and transferring it to a wire rack to cool completely.
Tips and Variations
Try these tips and variations to add your own twist to this classic pumpkin bread recipe:
- You can add in a cup of chocolate chips or chopped nuts to the batter for additional texture and flavor.
- Use a mixture of pumpkin and apple sauce instead of all pumpkin to create an apple-pumpkin bread.
- Store pumpkin bread in an airtight container at room temperature for up to 3 days, or in the freezer for up to 3 months.
With this easy pumpkin bread recipe, you’ll have a delicious treat that will impress your family and friends in no time. So why wait? Try it out today and enjoy the taste of fall all year round!
Adding a Twist to Your Pumpkin Bread Recipe
While the standard pumpkin bread recipe is already delicious, there are many simple ways to add a unique twist to the classic. Here are some ideas to get you started:
1. Chocolate Chips
For those with a sweet tooth, chocolate chips are a great addition to pumpkin bread. Simply stir in a cup of semi-sweet chocolate chips to your recipe to create a fun and indulgent treat. You can also try using dark chocolate chips for a bittersweet flavor.
2. Cream Cheese Filling
For a rich and creamy twist on pumpkin bread, try adding a cream cheese filling. To do this, mix 4 ounces of softened cream cheese, 1 egg, 1 tablespoon of sugar, and a teaspoon of vanilla extract in a small bowl. Pour half of the pumpkin bread batter into the loaf pan, spoon the cream cheese mixture over the top, and then pour the remaining batter on top.
3. Streusel Topping
A crumbly streusel topping can add some texture and crunch to your pumpkin bread. To make the topping, mix together ¼ cup flour, ¼ cup granulated sugar, ¼ cup brown sugar, and ½ teaspoon of ground cinnamon. Then, cut in 3 tablespoons of cold butter until small, pea-sized clumps form. Sprinkle this mixture over the top of your prepared pumpkin bread batter before baking.
If you like a bit of crunch in your bread, consider adding nuts to your recipe. Chopped pecans, walnuts, or almonds can give your bread a nutty flavor and added texture. Simply fold in a cup of chopped nuts after the wet and dry ingredients have been mixed together.
With these simple twists, you can make your pumpkin bread recipe your own. Experiment with different flavors and ingredients to find your perfect recipe, and enjoy the delicious flavors of fall year-round!
Thanks for Reading. See You Soon!
I hope that this recipe has inspired you to get creative in the kitchen and to try out some new fall flavors. Baking is a wonderful hobby that can bring family and friends together, and I encourage you to share this pumpkin bread with your loved ones. Don’t forget to enjoy a slice (or two!) with a warm cup of tea or coffee on a cozy autumn afternoon.
Thank you for taking the time to read through this recipe article. I hope that you found the instructions easy to follow and the photos appetizing. Be sure to check back for more seasonal recipes and baking tips. Until then, happy baking!
1. Can I use fresh pumpkin instead of canned?
Yes, you can use fresh pumpkin. Simply roast and puree the pumpkin before adding it to the recipe.
2. Can I substitute the all-purpose flour with gluten-free flour?
Yes, you can use gluten-free flour. Make sure it’s a 1:1 substitute and add xanthan gum if the flour doesn’t already contain it.
3. Can I use a different sweetener instead of sugar?
Yes, you can use maple syrup, honey, or brown sugar as a substitute for granulated sugar.
4. How long will the pumpkin bread keep?
The pumpkin bread will keep for up to three days at room temperature, or up to a week in the fridge. You can also freeze the bread for up to three months.
5. Can I add nuts or chocolate chips to the recipe?
Yes, you can add 1 cup of chopped nuts or chocolate chips to the batter before baking.
6. Can I make mini pumpkin bread loaves?
Yes, you can make mini loaves by dividing the batter into greased mini loaf pans and adjusting the baking time accordingly.
7. Can I make this recipe vegan?
Yes, you can make this recipe vegan by using a flax egg instead of a regular egg, and by using non-dairy milk and coconut oil instead of butter.
8. Can I make this recipe without a mixer?
Yes, you can make this recipe by mixing the ingredients by hand using a whisk and a spatula.
9. Can I add spices like ginger or nutmeg?
Yes, you can add 1 tsp of ginger or nutmeg to the batter to enhance the flavor.
10. Can I use a different type of pumpkin?
Yes, you can use a different type of pumpkin such as butternut squash or kabocha squash as a substitute for pumpkin puree.