Hello there, foodies! Are you looking for a quick and easy weeknight dinner that’s both delicious and healthy? Look no further than this One-Pan Chicken and Broccoli Recipe. With only a few simple ingredients, this dish hits all the right spots and can be ready in under 30 minutes. Plus, as an added bonus, you won’t have a pile of dishes to clean up afterwards.
This recipe combines tender chicken breast with tender-crisp broccoli florets, and savory garlic butter flavor for a meal that’s both satisfying and nutrient-packed. Not to mention, it’s perfect for those who are following a low-carb or keto diet. Serve this with a side of rice or quinoa, or enjoy it on its own as a delicious and healthy dinner option. Let’s get started!
A Delicious and Healthy Chicken and Broccoli Recipe You’ll Love
If you’re searching for a delicious and healthy recipe that’s packed with nutrition, then this chicken and broccoli recipe is perfect for you. Not only does it taste great, but it’s also easy to make. All you need are some simple ingredients and a few minutes to prepare it. This dish is perfect for a quick weeknight dinner or even a weekend meal.
Benefits of Chicken and Broccoli
Before we dive into the recipe, let’s talk about the benefits of including chicken and broccoli in your diet. Chicken is an excellent source of lean protein, which is essential for muscle growth and repair. It also contains important nutrients like vitamin B12 and potassium. On the other hand, broccoli is brimming with essential vitamins and minerals such as vitamin C, folate, and fiber. It’s also rich in antioxidants that help reduce inflammation in the body. When you combine chicken and broccoli, you get a nutritious powerhouse that’s ideal for your health.
Now, let’s take a look at the ingredients you need to make this scrumptious meal.
– 2 chicken breasts, boneless and skinless
– 1 head of broccoli, chopped
– 2 garlic cloves, minced
– 1 tablespoon of olive oil
– ½ teaspoon of salt
– ¼ teaspoon of black pepper
– 1 tablespoon of soy sauce
– 2 tablespoons of honey
– 1 tablespoon of cornstarch
– ¼ cup of water
You can find all these ingredients easily at your local grocery store.
Here’s how you can prepare this amazing chicken and broccoli recipe in just a few simple steps.
1. Begin by heating the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Cut the chicken breasts into small chunks and season them with salt and pepper. Add them to the skillet and cook for 5-7 minutes or until they’re no longer pink.
3. Once the chicken is cooked through, remove it from the skillet and set it aside.
4. In the same skillet, add the chopped broccoli and garlic. Cook for 4-5 minutes or until the broccoli is tender.
5. In a separate bowl, mix together the soy sauce, honey, cornstarch, and water.
6. Add the chicken back into the skillet and pour the mixture over it.
7. Cook for another 2-3 minutes or until the sauce has thickened.
8. Serve the chicken and broccoli hot with rice or noodles.
This recipe serves two people and takes around 25 minutes to prepare. It’s a quick and easy meal that’s perfect for a busy weeknight.
In conclusion, this chicken and broccoli recipe is a delicious and healthy meal that’s loaded with nutrients. It’s a perfect combination of lean protein, vegetables, and flavors that will satisfy your taste buds and body. So, next time you’re in the mood for a healthy and tasty meal, give this recipe a try!
Tips and Tricks for Making the Perfect Chicken and Broccoli Dish
Chicken and broccoli is a classic combination that is not only delicious but also healthy. Making this dish is easy and quick. However, there are some tips and tricks you can follow while cooking to make it even more flavorful and enjoyable. Here are some suggestions:
When it comes to cooking the chicken, you want to ensure that it is cooked through but not overcooked. The best way to do this is to cook it on medium heat. This will allow the chicken to cook through without drying out. To ensure the chicken is cooked properly, use a thermometer to check the internal temperature. It should be at least 165 degrees Fahrenheit.
When it comes to the broccoli, steaming it is the best option. This will retain the color and texture of the broccoli. To do this, fill a pot with an inch of water and bring it to a boil. Place the broccoli in a steaming basket and place the basket in the pot. Cover the pot and cook for 3-5 minutes, until the broccoli is tender but still has some crunch to it.
You can also add some spices and herbs to the chicken and broccoli while cooking to enhance the flavor. Garlic, ginger, and soy sauce are great choices that go well with this dish. Another trick is to marinate the chicken in advance. This will add extra flavor and tenderness to the meat.
When it comes to serving chicken and broccoli, there are many options. You can simply serve it as it is or add some side dishes to complement the flavors. Some suggestions include:
- Rice – The combination of chicken, broccoli, and rice is perfect. You can cook some rice in advance and serve it on the side.
- Noodles – If you are not a fan of rice, noodles are another option. You can use spaghetti, linguine, or any other pasta of your choice.
- Salad – A light and refreshing salad is a great way to balance out the flavors of the dish. You can use any type of salad greens and add some cherry tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers for freshness.
If you have any leftover chicken and broccoli, there are many creative recipe ideas that you can use to make the most of your food. Here are some suggestions:
- Chicken and Broccoli Casserole – Simply mix the chicken and broccoli with some cream of mushroom soup and rice. Top it off with some cheese and bake it in the oven until bubbly.
- Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry – Cut the chicken and broccoli into small pieces and stir-fry them with some garlic, ginger, and soy sauce. Serve it over a bed of rice or noodles.
- Chicken and Broccoli Salad – Chop the chicken and broccoli into small pieces and mix it with some salad greens, cherry tomatoes, carrots, and cucumbers. Add some dressing of your choice and serve it cold.
These are just a few ideas to get you started. The possibilities are endless, and you can use your creativity to come up with new and exciting ways to enjoy your leftover chicken and broccoli.
Frequently Asked Questions About Chicken and Broccoli
Can I Use Frozen Broccoli for this Recipe?
If you don’t have access to fresh broccoli, you can substitute it with frozen broccoli while making a chicken and broccoli recipe. If you choose to use frozen broccoli, there are a few things you should keep in mind to ensure the best results. First and foremost, don’t forget to thaw the broccoli completely before using it in the recipe. Frozen broccoli has a slightly different texture and flavor than fresh broccoli, but it won’t make much of a difference once it’s cooked with the chicken. You may need to cook frozen broccoli for a longer time as compared to fresh broccoli. Keep an eye on it and adjust the cooking time accordingly.
How Long Can I Store Cooked Chicken and Broccoli in the Fridge?
If you have any leftover chicken and broccoli, it’s important to store it properly in the fridge. While storing cooked chicken and broccoli, make sure to use airtight containers or wrap them tightly in cling wrap. If stored correctly, cooked chicken and broccoli can be stored in the fridge for up to four days. Beyond this time, the food may lose its taste and freshness. It is also important to reheat the leftovers properly before eating them. Make sure to reheat them thoroughly until they are piping hot. This will ensure that the leftovers are safe to consume and taste fresh.
What Side Dishes Go Well with Chicken and Broccoli?
Side dishes are what elevate a meal to the next level. If you’re looking for some amazing side dishes to pair with chicken and broccoli, here are some great options:
1. Rice: Brown rice, jasmine rice, or simple steamed rice make great side dishes for chicken and broccoli. These will complement the flavor of the chicken and broccoli perfectly.
2. Noodles: Egg noodles, udon noodles, or soba noodles served as a side dish are a fantastic option if you want a carb-heavy side dish to serve with your chicken and broccoli.
3. Salad: A crisp salad is a healthy and tasty side dish for chicken and broccoli. You can add a variety of greens to the salad, such as lettuce, spinach, or arugula and add some crunch with carrots, cucumbers, and bell peppers.
4. Roasted or Grilled Vegetables: Roasted or grilled vegetables such as asparagus, zucchini, or squash, are a great side dish for chicken and broccoli. They’re healthy, flavorful, and are easy to make in advance.
So, try these amazing side dishes to enjoy a wholesome and delicious meal with chicken and broccoli.
A Delicious and Easy One-Pan Meal
We hope that you enjoyed this recipe for a tasty and simple one-pan chicken and broccoli meal. It’s a great option for a busy weeknight when you want something quick and easy, but still satisfying and nutritious. Plus, the fact that it all cooks in just one pan means that clean-up is a breeze!
Thank you so much for reading, and we hope that you visit our site again soon for more mouth-watering recipes and cooking tips. Don’t forget to share this recipe with your friends and family, and let us know in the comments if you tried it out and how it turned out for you. We love hearing from our readers and can’t wait to help you create more delicious and stress-free meals in the future.
1. Can I use a different protein instead of chicken?
Absolutely! This recipe would work well with other meats like beef or pork, or even with tofu or tempeh for a vegetarian option.
2. Can I use frozen broccoli instead of fresh?
Yes, frozen broccoli will work in this recipe, but make sure to thaw it completely before adding it to the pan.
3. Can I use other veggies instead of broccoli?
Definitely! You could try swapping in other green veggies like asparagus, green beans, or Brussels sprouts, or even adding in some carrots, peppers, or mushrooms.
4. Can I make this recipe ahead of time?
While it’s best to serve this dish fresh and hot, you could certainly prep the chicken and veggies in advance and then cook them up when you’re ready to eat.
5. What can I serve with this dish?
This meal is delicious on its own, but you could also serve it with some rice, quinoa, or baked sweet potatoes for a more substantial meal.
6. Can I add other seasonings to the dish?
Definitely! This recipe is very versatile, so feel free to experiment with different herbs and spices to customize the flavor. Some good options might include garlic powder, paprika, cumin, or dried oregano.
7. How many servings does this recipe make?
This recipe should make about 4 servings, depending on how hungry you are and how much you pile onto your plate!
8. How can I adjust the recipe for fewer or more servings?
To make a smaller or larger batch of this dish, simply adjust the ingredients accordingly. You’ll want to make sure that you’re using a pan that’s the right size for the amount of food you’re cooking.
9. Can I use boneless, skinless chicken thighs instead of breasts?
Definitely! Chicken thighs will work just as well in this recipe, and they tend to be a bit more flavorful and tender than chicken breasts.
10. How do I store leftovers?
If you have leftovers, store them in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 3-4 days. To reheat, simply warm them up in the microwave or on the stovetop until heated through.